No matter what type of contact lenses you have, it is a good idea to follow these general tips:
- Before handling, inserting or removing the lens, clean your hands with soap. Dry your hands with a clean lint-free towel.
- Be careful when using cosmetics, lotions, soap, creams or deodorants. They may cause irritation if they come into contact with your eyes.
- When wearing contacts, be careful using aerosol products such as hairspray.
- Always insert your lenses before applying makeup and remove them before taking off your makeup.
- Remove your lenses if they are exposed to an irritant or harmful vapour.
- Always carry a spare pair of lenses with you.
- Always keep a pair of recently prescribed glasses handy for those times when you may be unable to wear lenses.
- Always keep a pair of glasses in your car.
- Always replace lenses on time as directed by your eye care professional.
Do not use lenses past their expiration date.