How to use your lenses
Inserting your DAILIES TOTAL 1® contact lenses
- Each lens is sealed in a sterile blister. Do not use the lens if the blister appears to be damaged in any way.
- The prescription information for your lenses is indicated on the label on the blister.
- Your eye care professional may have prescribed different levels of correction for each eye, so be sure to use the correct lens for each eye.
- To avoid any confusion, always start by inserting the same lens (left or right).
- Gently shake the blister before opening it (in case the lens is stuck to the blister).
- Peel back the label of the blister and gently slide the lens out using your index finger.
- Never place a damaged lens in your eye.
- Never use sharp objects or your fingernails to retrieve the lens.
- Place the lens on the tip of your index finger and hold it toward the light.
- Do not use a lens that appears to be damaged or dry. Discard it and open a new lens.
- Make sure the lens is clean and wet, and check that there are no signs of dust, tears, or nicks on the surface.
- If you place the lens in your eye inside out, it may cause some discomfort and your vision may not be clear. Ensure the lens is the right side out and that you have the correct lens for each eye.
- If the lens appears flat or like a saucer with flared edges, the lens is likely inside out.
- If the lens appears curved, it is the correct way around.
- Place the lens on the tip of your index finger. Make sure your finger is dry to avoid the lens sticking to your finger.
- Place the middle finger of the same hand against the lashes of your lower eyelid and pull downward.
- Use the fingers of your other hand to raise your upper eyelid.
- Place the lens directly in your eye.
- Look down, release your lower eyelid, then your upper eyelid, while still looking down.
- Gently blink your eyes. The lens will focus automatically. Avoid rubbing your eye once the lens is in place. If the lens is comfortable and you can see clearly, repeat the five steps for the other lens.
Removing your DAILIES TOTAL1® Contact lens
- Make sure that the lens is positioned on the pupil.
- Look up while keeping your head straight. Use your middle finger to pull your eyelid down.
- While looking up, gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and index finger.
- Carefully remove lens from your eye.
- If you wear any lenses other than daily disposables, follow cleaning and storage instructions as directed.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the other lens.